Thursday 12 November 2015

Brand Tracks:
First Bank Nigeria: A thief is a thief or not a thief?

There cannot be enough commentary on various illegal ways banks in Nigeria are using to swindle unsuspecting Nigerians. 

No wonder they declare billions of Naira as profit yearly. 

I just got swindled  by First Bank of Nigeria, Lagos Road Branch in Ikorodu Lagos. 

This is what happened:
On this fateful day, I wanted to make some withdrawals with my ATM card, I was informed that my card was expired. 

I went into the bank to renew my ATM card to enable me to make the desired withdrawals. The bank official said my profile needed to be updated and sent me to another official to attend to me. I was told I have to wait for 3 days for them to come to my residence to confirm if I was actually residing there. That is when I will be able to use my ATM card.

Until then, my ATM card  is made unusable. Don't forget that I needed some cash badly. 
I now decided to use my withdrawal booklet to make withdrawals on the counter. I discovered that there was no more leaflet remaining. What do I do ? Requested for a new booklet from the bank. 
I was told that the bank is out of stock. By this time, I was getting on the edge. 

They suggested that I should use the counter withdrawal form. I jumped at it. After much frustrating bottle-neck, I made the withdrawals. 

When the alert eventually came, I discovered that I have been surcharged and VAT deducted from my account. 

The bank did not allow me to use my ATM card, they did not give me withdrawal booklet, but they are quick to  surcharge me for using counter withdrawal form. 

Imagine how much profit for the bank if  this happens to  10 or 100 customers of First Bank in a day or in a week

I call on First Bank to re- credit my account with the unjustified illegal debit, or else...

I hope Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is reading this. 

If you had a nasty experience with First Bank, please share your experience with us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers comments are welcome.